SC - cream of tartar

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Sun Feb 21 18:36:29 PST 1999

<< ok, i've lost track somewhere-which medieval arab cookbook are we referring
to?
 puzzled and sleepless in fennbrycg
 margali >>

Er--sorry.  Medieval Arab Cookery, papers by Maxime Robinson & Charles Perry,
with a reprint of "A Baghdad Cookery Book" by the late professor A J Arberry,
and a foreword by Claudia Roden, from Prospect Books, 1998--except that it
wasn't ready last year when they said it would be--and it STILL isn't ready.
GNARSH

Further study of the catalog also reveals "translation of the 13th century ...
Kitab al-Tabikh, published in 1939 in the periodical Islamic Culture."
Um--hardcover, 300p, 25 pounds--so it will be about-- urgh--$50 American.

To reiterate, Prospect Books said "Fall".  We can but hope.

Dinner calls--

Devra the baker