SC - Substitution vs Accuracy

David Gavin ticoyama at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Feb 25 07:34:31 PST 1999

Grüß Gott Gwen-Cat!

The difference between "Austrian" and "German"   German is almost  as big as
between American and British English.
Whith brings a lot of confusiion as I use to look up things in an British
Dictionary
and sometimes end up with very different meanings.

As to the reference to blue in the german name of  HCN, I would have to try
to find out where that realy comes from.

Two possibilities spring into my mind: either from the fact that you die of
asphyxiation adn turn blue,
or from a test for cyanide whith turns blue but these are pure guesses and I
will have to consult my books.

If you realy paln to stay in Vienna tell me beforehand, so we can arrange
something.

Katharina