SC - Melons.

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 18:10:26 PST 1999

In "The Four Seasons of the House of Cerruti" which
is a reprint of the "Tacuinum Sanitatis in Medicina"
which is a 14th century Italian/Latin health manual,
melons are depicted.  Unfortunately, I don't have
the book in front of me at the moment. (I am at
work.)  If you need more specifics, I will post them
here on Monday.

Huette

- ---"Alderton, Philippa" <phlip at morganco.net> wrote:

> Anybody know if there were any melons available in Italy, about 15th
to 16th
> centuries? If so, what sort? Am thinking there might have been some
> available fron Spain.
>
> Phlip

SCA-Cooks".