SC - goblet covers

Christina van Tets ivantets at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Sat Feb 27 09:36:10 PST 1999

Do the covers have to be cloth?  There are plenty of secular goblet
pictures which have a matching lid (not quite hemispherical, with
knob).  The only time I have seen a cloth cover is the square kind
that covers the paten dish (for holding the bread) when it is on top
of the chalice in a communion set, and I don't think that's awfully
appropriate.

Cairistiona