SC - Peanuts-possibly OOP

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Mon Feb 1 10:29:47 PST 1999

I also hate pointing out to people that there are dig sites in both europe and
america of 'red paint people' sites as typified by ramda chert adzes in the
burials [ramda chert is found only in the sew world and these little stone adze
heads are what typify this particular cultures burial sites] dating to pre 5000
bc. there is also archaeological evidence that the inuit inhabited both sides of
the bering strait and trade occured dateable to 500 bc[given the usual caveat of
carbon dating being +- 150 years] so i don't find the idea of corn in china to
have to date to the chinese voyages of exploration in the 1100s. I also don't have
to doubt the idea of the golden apple in greek mythology which was found far to
the north unusual, the proto tomato being a yellow tomato as was suggested on the
list a while back [iirc it was the name for them being pommadoro or golden apple]

Of coursee I also hate to point out to traditionalists that the earliest
settlement of the red paint people is in anse aux medows in one of our far
northern territories is dated to 8k bc, and the earliest in europe is 5k bc, I
really hate euro-centric archeology!
margali