SC - Grits 'n all that stuff

Peters, Rise J. PetersR at SpiegelMcD.com
Mon Feb 1 13:55:53 PST 1999

> Mirhaxa wrote:
>
	>>I think a lot of people have a sort of gruesome fascination with
wildly
> out of place food opportunities. I always kind of wonder at the Midwest
> and Eastern versions of "Mexican food".

The thing we've been seeing here in DC lately is Chinese immigrants doing
non-Chinese cuisines... for example, there is a "Cajun Cuisine" food stand
they are running down the street from me, with a Bourbon Chicken that is a
dead ringer for teriyaki ... Cajun egg rolls... it's a hoot.  Good food, but
nothing like "Cajun" food.