SC - Royal declared chocolate period

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Mon Feb 1 14:20:19 PST 1999

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/29/99 4:16:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> kathleen.hogan at juno.com writes:
>
> <<  In all the years we've
>  had this event, I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain that
>  "Chocolate isn't period". >>
>
> No - because "everybody loves chocolate".  Personally, I'd be really unhappy
> about attending any event where the entire event was based around something
> non-period - doesn't matter if it is chocolate or croquet or a polo match.
> After all, we are supposed to be recreating a certain period.  Maybe I'm just
> a stuffy purist :-)
> And you'd never catch me agreeing to a chocolate based event anyway - because
> I hate the stuff.  That's why "everybody loves chocolate" is in quotes.  The
> wierd" to "Are you sure you're from this palnet?".
>
> Brangwayna Morgan

That's true, we get the same reaction when we(spouse and I) decline chocolate.
It is because he is allergic to chocolate, and I can't be near him if I eat it-I
had a piece once about 2 hrs earlier and then kissed him-watched hives break out
within about a 15 min time span.  But people can't believe it, and even people
who know he's allergic still push it on us-"oh just try some" like the allergy is
going to go away.   extra love to my family who now serve things like lemon cakes
and pies for birthdays, holidays, etc, cause they love peter so much!
What would be the closest thing to chocolate in period-cocoa, like in drinks?
carob?