SC - chicken oysters?

mermayde at juno.com mermayde at juno.com
Tue Feb 2 07:41:43 PST 1999

>way that the oyster is attached, and it's one of those little secret
>bits that the carver gives to his/her favorite, if they know their
>job.
>
>In English this is usually known as the oyster, while in more
>colorful
>French, it is the sot-l'y-laisse, which apparently translates as,
>roughly, "only a fool would leave it there".
>
>Adamantius

Hm, my favorite part, and I like the translation above, I will remember
that.  So, if that part is the oyster (which I have heard before) what
are the corresponding bits farther up the backbone called?  They are very
small, thin strips of meat that are connected  below the wings and above
the thighs, right along the center of the backbone.  I had a friend many
years ago tell me those were his favorite bits, so I think of him every
time I bone a chicken, but wonder if they have a name as well?
Christianna