OT: Mrs. Beeton's (was Re: SC - Steak and Kidney Pie)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 3 09:01:42 PST 1999

Christine Krebs-Bonder wrote:

> Mrs. Beetons Cookery Book has been periodically updated since it's initial publication.
> Mine is from right after the turn of the century. I also have a 1989 edition with
> modernized recipes.

Hmmm. Yeah, I know it has been revised repeatedly, and you may be right
about the date of the insertion of a Steak & kidney Pie recipe, since my
edition (1987 without updated recipes but cool coffee-table-book photos)
lacks a recipe for S&K pie...this is probably based on the 1861 edition.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com