SC - Lettuce

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Wed Feb 3 13:20:26 PST 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: david friedman <ddfr at best.com>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: 3. febrúar 1999 20:38
Subject: Re: SC - Lettuce

>Small rabbits, too, according to a very reliable authority.

I almost didn´t get that, as the works of the authority in question hadn´t
been translated into Icelandic when I should have been reading them.

Actually, I think the type of lettuce that has the greatest soporific
qualities is not Lactuca sativa, but Lactuca virosa, a wild lettuce (but it
is grown in Europe for medical use).

Nanna