SC - And Speaking of Kidney

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Thu Feb 4 05:48:52 PST 1999

You need to be sure to snip out the core of the kidneys after you have skinned
them
and cut them in half  lengthwise.  Then I believe soaking them overnight would
help rather than blanching them.  It is my guess that blanching them would cause
the tissue to "Sieze Up" some and, of course, the result would be a flavour much
stronger than anticipated.  If you still have a problem, you may want to change
the soaking liquid several times like you do with salted cod.

If you like the pie, you may also want to try steak and kidney pudding.  Let me
know if you want the recipe.

Hope this helps.

Dee/Isabella