SC - Re: sca-cooks- olive oil and bread?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Feb 4 22:30:21 PST 1999

Lady Francesca Barozzi asked:

> Also, garlic has been around a
> long while, would people have roasted it and spread it on bread?  These
> are probably dumb questions, but I wanted to ask in a place where I can
> get a quick and accurate answer.  Thank you for your help!

I'm not sure about the olive oil and bread question, but I do remember
discussing roasted garlic on this list. Check this file in the PLANTS,
HERBS AND SPICES section of my Florilegium:
garlic-msg        (21K)  6/23/98    Medieval use of garlic. Garlic storage.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****