SC - about salt

Wraithe wraithe at mail.aempires.com
Fri Feb 5 13:23:03 PST 1999

I'm very new to the SCA and even newer to this list, however, I caught a
debate
about why salt wasn't listed in recipes.  While I tend to agree with the
"it was added to taste" theory, I can't help but think that there may have
been another reason.
If I'm not too far off, weren't the meats of that time cured in Salt in
order to keep them fresh longer? And if so, cooking with already salted
meat would negate the need to further salt a recipe, would it not?

Fallon