SC - Pea soup sugar peas question

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Feb 9 01:24:08 PST 1999

Actually, Ras, I can't think of any source that I know that has peas and
pods eaten.  They may be in some of my books and I haven't seen them, or
noticed them.  With the long habit of eating the dried, shelled peas I
would have expected to read that people made a point of saying "...and
they ate the pea pods, too!"  Pontormo only comments on the peas, not the
peapods.  Doesn't prove anything, since he didn't paint himself eating
them.

I forget; have you posted documentation?  I've got a nice bag of sugar
peas in the shell in the freezer, and I know I can get more, so I'm glad
to hear that they are a useable form.

As far as a cookery cut-off date, I would be as reluctant to give up
everything between 1450 and 1600 as I would to give up my Italian Ren
gowns.  Yes, they are different.  Not a surprise, in 1000 years and xxx
miles.  Vive la difference!  In fact, I even enjoy deLaVarenne.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc