Subject: SC - OT kitty training

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Tue Feb 9 03:48:56 PST 1999

The best tip I have for keeping anything off the couch or other piece of furniture
was seen on Animal Planet..... Purchase a clear carpet runner (they go on top of
carpet to keep well trafficed areas clean and have little spikes on the bottom to
get a good grip).  Cut to size and put on couch upside down (the runner is upside
down, not the couch).  You will not believe the bizarre looks you get and the
fancy foot action the first time an animal hops up onto the couch!  It works with
our 117 pound giant schnauzer.  He always thought the couch was for naps when
everyone was gone, or perhaps to dream the night away upon it's fluffy pillows
would be great!  Alas, no more!  The best part is you don't have to give a command
or raise your voice.  When the furniture is in use you can just roll the runner up
and stash it under the couch.  It also looks much better than an old sheet or
blanket when the furniture is unoccupied and no doggie/kitty ordor on furniture.

Dee/Isabella