SC - table seating question

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Feb 14 21:55:30 PST 1999

A week ago, Helen asked:
> >On 8 foot tables do you plan for 3 on each side or 4 on each side?  I
> > need to see how many tables I need for 400.....

And Franz answered:
> Expect to seat eight per table. If the tables are seperated, then three to
> each side and one on each end. It pushed together end to end, then four to
> a side. Therefore, count on 50 tables.

If you have the room, my recommendation would be seating people on only
one side of the table, four on a side. This would be a much more period
arrangment and does make it much easier to serve the food well. It also
leaves more room for table decorations and candles. Unfortunately, in most
halls used by the SCA for feasts, there is seldom the room to do this.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****