SC - cookbook list - getting longer

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Feb 15 16:06:56 PST 1999

Valoise (and another) ask:

+AD4-I don't have the original of Platina -- is it in Italian or Latin?  When
+AD4-was Epulario written?  And Varenne?  And Apicius?

I don't have Platina either. Wasn't it Latin, based on Martino's Italian?

Platina is in Latin, but fairly modern Church Latin, so you may have a bit
of difficulty translating a few words/constructions if your dictionary is a
Classical Latin dictionary. The Milham translation I have, recently
published, is excellent- I've re-translated several passages for my own
purposes, and I can't disagree with a thing, other than my own on-going
curiousity about the word +ACI-lardum+ACI-.

Phlip