SC - Goblet covers?

pndarvis at execpc.com pndarvis at execpc.com
Fri Feb 19 10:34:01 PST 1999

My baronness makes them all the time for her goblets, she's
10/11thCentury Anglo-Saxon-specifically to keep the bugs out of her
wine/soda/beer.  I can ask her if she found research on them or not.  I
do know that Spiegel offers them in their new spring catalog.

>Good Gentles--
>
>Have any of you ever come across a picture or description of fabric
goblet
>covers, other than those covering the chalice in church? I'm looking
for
>secular examples. They make a lot of sense, here in the
>yellow-jacket-infested South. Now I'm curious as to whether or not
they're
>period.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>-Margritte

>Gryphon's Moon - 14K Gold & Silver Celtic rings and more!
>We now accept VISA & MasterCard to make your shopping easier!
>
>Check out our web site at: <http://www.gryphonsmoon.com>
>Or email us at <mailto:sales at gryphonsmoon.com>

Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis
"Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,