SC - cream of tartar

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Feb 22 04:23:01 PST 1999

"Decker, Terry D." wrote:

> Modern baking powder is a blend of
> starch, baking soda and cream of tartar.

That would be single-acting baking powder, huh? Is that product still
extensively used, outside of industrial settings?

I dunno, I'm just asking because the commercially available norm where I
live seems to be the Davis double acting stuff; it burps when you mix
it, like single acting baking powder, than again when you heat it up. I
assume the formula is different.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy