SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

The Cheshire Cat cheshire at southcom.com.au
Tue Feb 23 21:12:41 PST 1999

>I believe we used the "mulberry-like" blackberry.  Does this help?
>
>Meliora

If you used store bought blackberries, it's more probable that you actually
got the black raspberry instead of mulberry type ones.  I made this sauce
in an attempt to figure out something blue to go on the table for Bal
d'Azure.  The first batch I made with the normal store brough blackberries
and it came out a similar blood-red colour.  So the next batch I used
blueberries thinking that that might have been what was meant and it worked
fine, coming out a nice blue colour.  Didn't set really well, but it looked
to be around about right.