SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 24 03:48:47 PST 1999

Laura C Minnick wrote:

> Foods we think of as 'blue', such as blueberries, are
> really deep purple (it's that sorta dusty cast on blueberries that makes
> them look blue). I can't think of anything (top o' my head) that is truly
> a natural blue. I'm currently fighting some serious health problems (I
> don't carry a cane just because it looks cool) and I'm trying to eliminate
> as many additives as possible- coloring agents were the first to go. And
> the fact that stuff colored blue tends to be junk food (Gatorade, M&M's
> and other candies, etc) also means I won't be eating it.
>         Besides, M*M's were never meant to be blue. It's a sacrilege. :-)
>
> 'Lainie

Okay, I can go with that. I was concerned. It's one thing not to like
something, or to be allergic to it, if that's the situation, or perhaps
a person has a religious dietary restriction.  Most sentences beginning
with, "I don't eat..." are somewhat contemptuous noises emerging from
the mouths of people who've been allowed to grow up to nominal adulthood
with the dietary worldview of the average four-year-old, which is a
crying shame.

And I remember George Carlin. ;  )

Adamantius
Østgardr, East