SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 08:47:13 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/24/99 8:12:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<< Aren't sloes a kind of plum?  I thought the recipe we were talking about
 called for berries.

 Mordonna >>

Yes sloes are a verry small fruited wild plum. It does but we are currently on
a quest for info as to which 'blackberry' it is calling for. As indicated by
my experiment and that of one or 2 others, variety/species type may be the
answer to the problem that was encountered by the original poster. And there
seems to be a point of view which suggests that almond lik in some form is the
agent for lightening the color. There may be other off-shoot discussions on
other aspects of the recipe but I have missed them if that is so.

At least this is my understanding of the problem so far as I read it. I may be
mistaken though.

Ras
P.S. It certainly beats the discussion about whether gay/lesbian behaviour in
cows has been observed during breeding season in countries outside England
which is happening on another SCA list. :-))