SC - Symbols in original English recipes

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Wed Feb 24 11:01:57 PST 1999

>Keeping this in mind I will be using (th) for a Thorn  and (s) for the
>elongated s symbol or other letter equivalents in brackets as necessary
unless
>someone can convince me that I should not for reasons which are meaningful
>(i.e. because a Thorn is a Thorn is not a meaningful reason, IMO).

By all means use th to represent þ (thorn) - that is what we Icelanders (who
are as far as I know the only ones who still use this letter) always do when
translating Icelandic texts into other languages, or using our names
abroad - if you meet an Icelander called Thor Thordarson, his name is really
Þór Þórðarson, only he can´t really use it outside his homeland ...

Nanna