SC - Melons.

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri Feb 26 20:20:38 PST 1999

Nanna says:

Platina has an entry on melons and
suggests it should be eaten at the beginning of the meal, followed by a
drink of good wine. Cantaloups reached Italy from Armeina sometime in the
15th century and were first cultivated in the papal gardens at Cantalupo
near Rome. Watermelons were also available; not sure about other types.

Where's the entry in Platina? I'm using him for my main source. Am I missing
something, are they called by another name, or have my glasses been infested
by the Creative Punctuation which I've just (with a little help from my
friends ;-) cured my computer of?

Thanks,

Phlip