SC - Pumpkin pie OOP

Reia M. Chmielowski kareina at eagle.ptialaska.net
Mon Feb 1 05:47:53 PST 1999

At 14:48 1/31/99 , 'Lainie wrote:

>Umm, prolly replacing some. I put in a couple of handfulls of dark brown
>sugar, beat it in, then add molasses a little at a time until it's
>'right'. I'm not sure how much I have of either, but it isn't as much as
>the white sugar called for on the label, I know that. Of course, what's
>BEST is using fresh pumpkin! Back when we lived in the greater Portland
>(OR) area and had a garden, I would cook pumpkin and freeze it in bags
>with enough for a batch of pies or pumpkin bread.

I also like it with fresh pumpkin, but have never had a garden.  However,
we always did buy a pumpkin to make a jack-o-lantern out of.  So I'd just
be sure to cut out enough bits of pumpkin when carving the face to get the
2 cups or so needed to make one pie.

- --Kareina (who thinks the best part of a pumpkin or squash is the
seeds--freshly roasted, with perhaps a bit of garlic salt...)