SC - Peanuts-possibly OOP

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Mon Feb 1 16:57:53 PST 1999

>LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>
>> Does not the archeological finds of anchor stones from Chinese junkets
>>off the
>> the west coast of the states make an equally valid observation that peanuts
>> MAY have been introduced  to the New World by Chinese traders during  pre-
>> Columbian times?

<snip>

Hello!  I recently saw a program on TV that dealt briefly with these anchor
stones.  (Sorry, don't remember which program.)  Upon close examination,
the narrator came to the conclusion that the stones were lost by 19th
century Chinese-American fishermen who were using home-made traditional
anchors.

Regards,

Cindy