SC - SC: OOP: Texas Tea

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Mon Feb 1 17:58:03 PST 1999

 Well the tea recipe I learned to make at the tender age of 3 was so simple a child could do it.  You take a
sauce pan and fill it 3/4 full of cold tap water.  Place into it several Lipton's tea bags and turn the fire
on.  Let boil for several minutes until the color is so dark you can't see the bottom of the pan.  Turn off fire
and remove the tea bags, then place 2 cups of white cane sugar and stir till dissolved.  Pour this thick tea
into a glass pitcher and dilute with cold water till jus' right.  Its still made this way at the Lutherian
socials, the fireman's Bar-B-Q, and family reunions around these parts located 'n the rice fields and coastal
plains of Texas.