SC - Another use for ground cinnamon

Margo Hablutzel margolh at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Feb 2 09:46:16 PST 1999

I presume one would prefer to use the cassia version for this.

Over on the H-Needlework list (Historical needlework, NOT limited to the SCA
period or SCA persons) we have had a discussion of pouncing.  This is the
act of taking a stencil and forcing a fine powder through so as to leave a
tracing on the fabric below, which is used as a pattern for embroidery or
quilting.

One lady has just reported that ground cinnamon works very well on light
fabrics, being of the right density to leave a nice, light-but-definite
pattern on the cloth.  Plus, it gives the embroidery a wonderful smell!

					---= Morgan

	           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
<mailto:Hablutzel at compuserve.com> Hablutzel at compuserve.com
	                      Morgan Cain * Steppes, Ansteorra

	                     May God have mercy on my enemies
	                     For they shall certainly need it.

	      For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

                I intend to live forever -- so far, so good!