SC - Fw: [TY] Feb. 2nd

melc2newton at juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Wed Feb 3 09:59:04 PST 1999

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 06:46:19 EST WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 99-02-02 13:39:20 EST, Christianna wrote:
>
><< Did you get up and see your shadow this morning?  Puncsatawny Phil
> didn't, which supposedly means spring is right around the corner.  >>
>
>BTW, for those of you in more northern climes, the robins (your
>harbingers of
>spring) have been here in Central Florida for a couple of weeks,
>fattening
>themselves up again after the flight from _their_ Miami (wherever that
>is).
>They should be heading north by Valentine's Day, so look for them
>around March
>1st or earlier.
>
>Walk in peace,
>Wolfmother
Here in the Missouri Ozarks, Springfield to be exact, we have had Robins
all Winter, in fact two weekends ago we had 5-6 inches of snow and I
noticed a fat male robin looking for food in the wet snow, It melted
within two days of falling. So the harbingers of spring have been here,
in fact they never left, the bluejays on the other hand .....

Thorbjorn (Beatrix husband)