SC - Taffy

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 16:22:17 PST 1999

snowfire at mail.snet.net writes:

<< Is taffy the same thing as toffee?   >>

Thought I'd remove the OOP since toffee is period. There are several recipes
in both al-Baghdai and The Anonymous Adalusian Cookbook for a confection that
is basically honey, etc. boiled, coled  on a stone and pulled with the use of
a metal rod repeated until it is done. The finished product virtually
indistinguishable from taffy. No, I don't have a redaction. I just followed
the original recipe.

Anyway toffy is a whole other ball game.

Ras