SC - More greene pease

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sat Feb 6 16:21:19 PST 1999

Was AM's recipe from deLaVarenne?  I know she has it.  Just found this,
and think it may be a sugar pea pod type to try.

87. Greene pease.  Passe them, if you will, in the panne with butter, and
seeth them with cabidge, lettice, or with purslaine; after they are well
sod with a bundle of hearbs, and well seasoned, serve them garnished with
lettice.  You may dresse and season them with creame, as the sparagus
whereof mention is madeabove, in the article 79,. of sparagus with
creame.

79 says to "stove them a very little, with very new creame, and serve if
you will with a little nutmeg."

These are from the Falconwood Reprint edition.

I think I'll try mint and rosemary if I make this.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc