SC - carrot pie + filo

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 9 21:27:11 PST 1999

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> Colors in ancient manuscripts are often faded and not true to type.

With all due respect, Ras, it depends on the color, the pigment, the
parchement, where it was stored, etc. Some colors fade worse than others.
Some pigments turn black as they age. I can't find the book from my
Light/Color Physics class, but I seem to remember that the orange/reds are
not so likely to turn color. Colors with proteins (tempra, etc) in them
are more likely to change than others. I suppose it would be easiest if we
could see the rest of the document and compare other fruits and vegetables
depicted there.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731