SC - Chocolate cake, crisco question, OT-OOP

Brokk H940114 at stud.kol.su.se
Fri Feb 12 08:08:24 PST 1999

I recieved the following recipe from a friend in the US.
I got the explanation that crisco was some sort of 'cooking lard'
but it's not available here in Sweden and I haven't seen anything
similar to it either.
Has anyone got any ideas what i can use for a substitute (and a suitable
amount of it as well)?
My first thought was just to increase the amount of butter but i'm at a
loss concerning the amount of it anyway.
I'm dying to try this recipe, i'm quite a chocolate junkie from time to
time.

Angus MacIomhair aka Brokk aka Håkan Hedrén