SC - outdoor feast info

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sat Feb 13 21:40:40 PST 1999

hi all from Anne-Marie

Lainie sez:
BTW, do you have problems with the smells of the fire getting into
>your clothes? How do you get them out?

yes, your clothes will smell like fire smoke. Unlike cigarette smoke or car
exhaust, I dont find this unpleasant. My heavy woolens (coat, hood, etc) I
let smell smokey, otherwise I wash everything when I get home. Its usually
so muddy I need to anyway...:) If you hang your linens in the fresh breeze
on a line in camp (or the backyard) they'll often air out too. That's one
nice thing about using medieval fibers! :)
Interestingly we have some severe asthmatics in our camp who are deathly
allergic to cigarette smoke, chemicals, etc and they dont seem to complain
about the fire. We also use a lot of charcoal to cook on (just like
medieval people), which helps cut the smoke down.

- --AM