SC - [fwd] OT - Introducing a new list -Period Religion-

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Mon Feb 15 15:20:14 PST 1999

This seems to be about the only list Lady Muriel missed, so most of you may
have already read this.  But....

sca-fence at middlebridge.midrealm.org.maxson.com,
>        north at bransle.ucs.mun.ca, sca-caid at rogues.net, sca-west at rogues.net,
>        sca-www at andrew.cmu.edu
>Subject: Introducing a new list -Period Religion-
>

>Poster: "Marlo W. Peck" <marlo at nbank.net>
>
>There are many people in the SCA for whom the practice of Christian
>religion is an intrinsic part of their persona.  For many of us,
>Christian religion is an important part of our daily lives.  If you are
>like me, you find that people in your church have a hard time
>understanding your interest in the SCA, ("You're not like the other kids
>in the Sunday School class, are you?").
>
>The more I study the period covered by the SCA, the more I see what an
>important role the church played in the daily life of  people high and
>low.  Modern law prohibits the emphasis on religion in the SCA,
>Incorporated, however, so I am providing this list as a forum for
>Christians in the SCA, regardless of denomination,  who are interested
>in sharing scholarship, fellowship and the occasional rant.
>
>This list is freely open to any persons interested in discussing
>Christian religion and views, both in persona and mundane, and will be
>moderated as little as possible.  Besides the emphasis on Christianity,
>there are no specific rules governing what is "On topic" or not.  This
>is a social event as much as anything else.  If you do not hold with
>Christian beliefs, you are welcome to come and participate.  However,
>understand that this is a Christian list, and bashing or juvenile
>flame-fests will not be looked kindly upon.
>
>Please feel free to pass this message on to any lists or people you
>think might be interested.

>is unimportant.
>
>Yours in Service,
>
>Lady Muriel deRedfearne

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable