SC - OT: pigments

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 09:53:15 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/15/1999 6:50:54 PM Mountain Standard Time,
lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu writes:

<< 	Just quick warning- be careful handling your period pigments. I'm
 sure you know the dangers of lead (which is insidious and can creep up on
 you), but also beware the other heavy metals, such as cadmium, which is
 very toxic. >>

I actually already use cadmium red, yellow, and orange in watercolors, but it
doesn't look like Master John the Artificer makes them to sell as ground
pigments.  Based on the advice of those on the scribes list work with these
type of pigments on a regular basis, they are much safer in cake form as shell
colors, which is what I'll be doing with them before I use them.

Noemi