SC - pepper

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 19:03:19 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/19/99 3:56:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wraithe at mail.aempires.com writes:

<< Is it possible to grow black pepper in a garden?
 Or would it even be worth the effort?

 Fallon >>

No, at least not in temperate climates. Pepper comes from a tropical vining
plant that takes consdierable time to reach maturity and is adversely harmed
by temperature fluctuations. You might be able to grow it in a greenhouse but
the sources I have do not mention if it is photosensitive or not. I am also
unaware of a source for pepper seeds that are viable.

Ras