SC - Spice, Spicey, and Spicier--a thought

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 19:10:36 PST 1999

In re the cost of spices:

My mother taught me something which she learned from her mother and older
sisters -- her mother was an immigrant, ca 1870s, from Poland-Austro/Hungary-
Russia-Lutti -- in regard to spices.

She used to measure the spices over a piece of paper.  Then she'd pour the
remaining spice --surely no more than 1/4  to 1/2 teaspoon! -- back into the
jar, because spice was expensive and you didn't want to waste it.

I think this says a lot about the extravagant use of spices.

Devra the Baker, who now has copies of Drizzle of Honey for sale