SC - Outdoor cooking

SigridPW at aol.com SigridPW at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 19:12:59 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/18/99 8:58:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu writes:

<< > Does anyone have any ideas how to cook a roast slowly on site?   >>

Depending on how big the roast is and what you have for heat, you can wrap
your meat in foil and throw them in the charcoal.  Wrap it several times, and
turn it every so often.  I've done this several time to good effect.  It seems
to work as well on good cuts (I've done prime rib this way) as well as the
cheaper ones.  Charcoal is better than wood (more even and controllable heat),
but it can be done.  I wouldn't recommend wood fire for a first attempt.  It's
really much more work.

Buon appetito!

Lady Giuglia Madelena Sarducci