Silliness re: SC - Okra

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Feb 21 12:34:28 PST 1999

david friedman wrote:

> I await with fear and trembling Master Adamantius's rendition of Badinjan
> Muhassa. It should go very well with his cuskynoles.

Well, since you ask, the first thing we need is a good translation:

Cook beef tenderloin steaks until medium rare by grilling over the fire,
leaving them whole. When they are cool, remove any fat or gristle. Drink
the best liquor and chop the flesh fine. It should be coarser than a
true purée. Grind walnuts fine and make into a dough with malt vinegar
and salt. Form into a patty and fry on both sides until the taste of raw
walnut is gone; the vinegar is to delay scorching of the nuts. Mix the
cooked walnuts into the chopped steak and season to taste with vinegar
and ground caraway seed, salt and pepper. Serve with a topping of
chopped raw or fried onion.

The dish is at it best eaten between February 1st and December 31st, and
it is the original author's favorite hash recipe, hence the name, Bad In
Jan., My Hash.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy