SC - "bog butter"

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 16:14:57 PST 1999

In a message dated 2/22/99 7:05:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
snowfire at mail.snet.net writes:

<< The milk was left to stand in the churn for 2 - 3 days until it thickened
 naturally.  >>

Closer to the way we did it. We let it sit for over night or until it had a
recognizable fermented odor (12 to 24 hrs.) and them put it in the churn and
made butter. This butter is FAR superior to the 'Sweet creamery' crap that is
sold in markets today, let alone the 'no salt added' garbage. (except West
Vigunia). Vivat to the butter of WV!. :-)

Ras