SC - Pickles, Pickles, Pickles

Andrea Pionek APionek at cornell-iowa.edu
Wed Feb 24 08:24:14 PST 1999

Once again I come to this list with a request.  I am feast steward for the
May 8 Death and Taxes event in the Shire of Deodar, Calontir.  The setting
is an English inn approximately middle period.  I am trying to select foods
that are not only appropriate to the region, but also to the season of the
year.  I am a novice feast steward, so if the foods do not fit these
descriptions completely, I will not be too distressed.  I would like to
serve pickles of various types because they would probably be available in
the remains of the winter stores, maybe.
	Here are my questions/requests.
	Would any of you be willing to share pickled food recipes that fit
these descriptions or that you know work and go over really well?
	Please include with the recipe an approximate shelf life or shelf
time required before the pickles are worth eating.  I have found several
recipes but they seem to leave out this most important information.

Also, I have not received any mail from this list since 2/18/1999.  How do I
check to see if I am still subscribed?  I didn't un-subscribe myself and I
don't want to.

Thank you again for your help

Andrea J. D. Pionek                                   Magdalena
Chemistry Teacher                             Shire of Deodar
Cornell College, Iowa                  Kingdom of Calontir

ACS and SCA?

Have you ever noticed that the Society for Creative Anachronism and the
American Chemical Society have the same initials in opposite directions?

Kind of makes you wonder about those alchemists.