SC - 13th C image of baker

Donna Hrynkiw donna at kwantlen.bc.ca
Wed Feb 24 15:41:22 PST 1999

Greetings from Elizabeth Braidwood,

Just stumbled across a late 13th century manuscript page depicting
a baker at his oven, and another being dragged on a sled with a loaf
tied around his neck.

Corporation of London Records Office Postcards
http://www.lib.uci.edu/largo/clr/clr_imag/clr_cards.html

Page also includes images of a couple Opus Anglicanum seal bags, a charter
of William I (1067), and Statutes of Richard III (late 15th C, which I
remember making into my desktop wallpaper at one point).

E.B.