SC - Consumer's Reports knife review

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Feb 1 04:23:44 PST 1999

Korrin S DaArdain wrote:

> I find that the Ulu is the best tool for splitting a semi-frozen chicken
> breast. The blade / handle position relationship is exellent for hard to
> cut things like that. Even the regular knives with blades that do not
> flex, don't have the same cutting power IMHO.

You may be right. I haven't used an ulu, but it occurs to me that use
might suffer from a lack of leverage. Wouldn't all the force have to be
created by/transmitted to the hand? I wonder if there's a high incidence
of carpal tunnel syndrome among the Inuits ;  ) ?

I always say, though, that the best tool for just about any job is
whatever you're comfortable with...

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --