SC - creme boulee and salamanders

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 1 10:53:48 PST 1999

Adamantis,
If it might be possible, could you head me towards a reference for this
dish?  At pennsic I cheated and used a dutch oven to make the almond tart
that I  pulled the original from _Queen's Taste_.  I would love a more...
accurate method for cooking the tart.  Or at least some justification for
making a salamander.  Does anyone know of artwork which portrays one so
that I can keep my brother the blacksmith-sort-of busy.

Thanks.

Cu drag,
Bogdan

Jeffrey Heilveil				Bogdan din Brasov
Department of Entomology		    MoAS, Barony of Wurm Wald
University of Illinois		       Bucatar-sef, Liedmeister, Wurm Wald
heilveil at uiuc.edu				 Middle Kingdom
(217) 398-9529

"If physicists had to model electrons that behaved differently when they
were hungry, they would probably not be much ahead of ecologists."

- - Duncan and Weston-Smith, 1978 _The encyclopedia of ignorance.
Everything you wanted to know about the unknown_.  IN Hall, 1988.  An
Assessment of Several of the Historically Most Influential Theoretical
Models Used in Ecology and of the Data Provided in their Support.
Ecological Modelling. 43: 5-31.