SC - Peanuts-possibly OOP

Mon Feb 1 11:17:42 PST 1999

> > really hate euro-centric archeology!
> > margali
>
> Close.  L'Anse aux Meadows is in Newfoundland, which, last I checked,
> was still in Canada.  I really hate amero-centric archaeology ;-).
> (note the smiley)
>
> Claricia Nyetgale
>   cold today in canada

Tsk, since you are talking Pre-Columbian North American archeology, what
else could it be but amero-centric.  The inhabitants of North and South
America are Americans.

If you wish to complain about U.S. citizens claiming Canadian territory, let
me suggest that you borrow the term "gringo" from the Hispanic inhabitants
of Mexico and the U.S. Southwest.  It is unambiguous and is often associated
with sticky-fingered land claims.  "Gringo-centric archeology," how's that
fit?

Bear