SC - Peanuts-possibly OOP

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Mon Feb 1 11:43:09 PST 1999

I live in east kingdom, Newfies are residents of *our* northernmost territories,
and I am studying law, not archaeology.

> > Close.  L'Anse aux Meadows is in Newfoundland, which, last I checked,
> > was still in Canada.  I really hate amero-centric archaeology ;-).
> > (note the smiley)
> >
> > Claricia Nyetgale
> >   cold today in canada
> >
> Tsk, since you are talking Pre-Columbian North American archeology, what
> else could it be but amero-centric.  The inhabitants of North and South
> America are Americans.
>
> If you wish to complain about U.S. citizens claiming Canadian territory, let
> me suggest that you borrow the term "gringo" from the Hispanic inhabitants
> of Mexico and the U.S. Southwest.  It is unambiguous and is often associated
> with sticky-fingered land claims.  "Gringo-centric archeology," how's that
> fit?
>
> Bear

comes from the habit of the american missionaries singing 'green grow the
lilies' [apocrypha, no documentation however have always heard that
explaination]
margali
BTW, did I ever mention that my Great Aunt Bessie founded Christian Childrens
Fund and every year until I was 12 years old I gt some form of bible from her
for my birthday?
I hate missionaries, I had to tolerate prolonged visits from assorted ones most
of my youth. Some of them were more prejudiced towards their own flocks than
archie bumker was to the populace ofqueens!