SC - Quantities of salt and spices used.

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 20:37:19 PST 1999

When we discuss quantities of spices added, we would do well to consider their
shelf life.  In period, spices were usually on the (Silk) Road something like
three years after their harvesting, before they came to the cooks' hands.

Our spices, OOTH, are whisked from their plant-y birth to Mccormick's
bottelery, [or wherever] and thence to our shelves in mere weeks.  Obviously,
what we use is likely to give a much bigger bang than what they had!

Surely this must be a factor.

Devra the Baker