SC - Medieval Fast Days

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 20:08:23 PST 1999

JCarlson at firstchurchtulsa.org writes:

<< Other fast days include Ember days and Rogation days.

Also , if I may add something hgere, fast day did not necessarily entail
abstenance from food but rather entailed choosing from a list of  'acceptable'
foods'. Also up until the 11th century fast days were observed by some people,
not all people because Chrisianity had not gained full power over the populace
with many high ranking officials still practicing the faith of their fathers
up until that time and beyond (the first Jesuits priests arrived on the Isle
of Man post 1650 C.E.). So the point I'm trying to make here is that the
dietary restrictions were not necessarily 'common' among the majority of
people but were expected of  the rulling class.l

Ras