SC - porridge

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Feb 2 02:28:14 PST 1999

>> So what is this _Beau Geste_ for us non-literary types.<<

Ah, Stefan, it is a wonderful flu companion to while away the tedious
hours between one batch of medicine and the next.  It is an Adventure
Story, full of Derring-Do, Plots!, sub-Plots! Arabs on camels, stolen
jewels, Brave and Noble Heroes, Beautiful Heroines, etc.  Everybody who
lives through it lives happily ever after.  I think Cary Grant played the
Hero in a 30's or 40's movie--black and white, at any rate.  It's
probably set around the 1920's.

There are 4 types of flu this year, and I didn't have a flu shot.  Let's
see...20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn?  My son
has a different strain of flu and my Pern series.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc